Sunday, August 15, 2010

The New Apartment

As you all know, I moved from Ypsilanti to Ann Arbor this weekend. I thought I'd show you a few pictures with more to come. This is the apartment from the front. My window is the one just to the right of the awning. It has nice ivy-like vines crawling up it and a tree just below.This is a view of the little street it's on. The other part of the complex is on a busy street, but this one's in the back on a street opening onto a quiet neighborhood. (It's the one at the far end in the corner on the right.)
View as you walk in the door. One challenge in the living room is that there's no light fixture.
The window wall brings in lots of light.
The living room. I work in the corner on the "coffee table." There is an orange throw that goes in here that is not pictured as I must have dragged it off somewhere.
Our favorite bookshelf.

I will save the rest for other entries to draw out the suspense. The apartment complex is pretty big and it's close to the U of M stadium, so that should be interesting on game days. I also have a "spare oom," or a spare room (yes, it was the best deal all things considered), so if anyone wants to come visit, all we have to do is figure about a bed. :) It also has free internet that works pretty well!

Amy was such a huge help to me this last week. (Amy, your strength inspired me.) She gets the gold medal of furniture moving, shopping construction, apartment cleaning and miscellaneous tasks/emotional support. Give her hugs for me in honor of all the work she did during her "vacation" here.

I wanted to show you guys some of the fruits of our labor of the past week. If I had had the time and moving means to shop for all used furniture, I probably would have, but this worked out and I think it will be a very comfortable place for me. I'm looking forward to the next year.

Next time, I'll blog about my new (used) bike. I already took it for a spin to school and it felt great. Hope all is going great with you all at the family reunion. Don't cry for me. I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so pretty and fun! Can't wait to come visit. Parker of course thinks it's pretty awesome that you are so close to the stadium! want to come decorate my apartment?

    ReplyDelete