Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grand Canyon Vacation

wow! how exciting to have a family blog!

The first and foremost issue at hand is a family vacation. As you can see from the title of this post, the destination is the Grand Canyon!

Amy is getting home from D.C. on August 7th. Melissa's School starts around the 16th(?) and needs to get to Michigan before then. A few of us might need to request time off of work (jon and jen will you be able to request work off?) or work things around in our schedules. SOO we need to pick some dates.

The idea is for the trip to be short, sweet, and cheap. We will probably only be 2-3 days, and we will be camping. People can come and go whenever they can get there. Once we have the dates picked, we can divide up meals and activities between all of us. Hopefully everyone can come (at least even for a little bit)! It's not the biggest notice, but pretty good I would say for the McDonald Family, right?

So I will just throw out some dates and everyone say their preference. I am literally making these up, so anyone say what they think.



August 8th - 11th
August 9th - 11th
August 10th - 12th


what do you all think?

3 comments:

  1. I'd love for us all to get together! The Grand Canyon sounds fun... and the photo is fantastic - but I think it's too hot for camping there in August?? Jon & Jenn & Elijah will be here staying at my house August 13-16ish for Jenn's sisters' wedding. I know Jon has taken a couple days off of work for that. Maybe the Southern folks could come up North during that time and we could go camping up one of the canyons here for a night or two? Just throwing out some thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too late for me to request vacation for those dates. I need to request 30 days in advance. Sorry. :( Also my boss has just changed my schedule to Mon thru Friday nights (which I've been asking him to do for six months). So I will be at Emily's house the 13th and 14th for Angie's wedding and will need to be back for work by Monday (of the 16th) night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be so much fun! Maybe we should plan for next year??

    ReplyDelete