Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hom Swet Hom

Welcome home, my darlings! Melissa has set up this family bog for us, and I'm so excited to learn to make the most of it, so we can keep in touch even better as our lives get busier. Melis posted these photos, and we're going to set it up so that everyone can put up photos, video, links, articles, etc. , as well as posts and comments. I intend to learn how it's all done, and I'm sure you all will be my best teachers.

To begin with, here are some of the things I was thinking we would do here:
  • Family Reading Club: Read books together and share our thoughts about them
  • Calendar visits and events
  • Share great finds in the marketplace
  • Get advice and input from each other on big decisions, purchases
  • Comment on current events (without exposing ourselves to the world at large)
  • Share recipes
  • Recommend books and music we're each enjoying
  • Share memories and family stories
  • Plan holidays and trips together
  • Report on holidays and trips we take separately (things you might not want to tell the whole world, just family)
  • Update the fam on your creative and/or work projects
  • Update everyone on the progress of children and grandparents
  • I'm sure you have lots of ideas too.
I can't wait to see what everyone contributes. I love looking at your individual blogs and I see this as a way to build not only our family closeness and communication, but also our family narrative for the years to come.


Some fun things we can do:
1. keep up with running conversations using "Labels"
2. become "Followers" so that we get email notification of new posts
3. link to your blogs


Comment abundantly. If you have some tech savvy to contribute to the appearance and enhancements of our blog, jump right in. Let the wild rumpus start!

No comments:

Post a Comment