Monday, June 13, 2011

Sparr Collision

So, Mom was asking me, "What is Sparr Collision?" as referenced in Amy's most recent letter. In case you guys were wondering too, I thought I'd post a quick explanation. Sparr Collision is a recipe that I used to make on my mission. It was invented by Sister Farr and it contains spam, hence the name. This is the recipe. It's not good for you. I remember thinking it was going to make me fat, but I also secretly liked it. As I told Mom, I don't really eat spam when not in foreign island countries, where it is often greatly revered and where it's good to learn to appreciate it. But here's the recipe anyway, for your edification.

Sparr Collision

1 can of spam
6 potatoes sliced in circles
4 carrots sliced
2 C Baguio beans (green beans) chopped
1/2 C "cheeze" (kind of like Velveeta)
1/8 C butter

Boil potatoes, carrots, baguio beans with onions until partially soft. Leave water in. Add cut up spam (or ham). When soft, turn off heat and stir in cheeze and butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.

Mmmmm! Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment